- (last week) after several months of no forward movement on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 3 finally past a seeming impossible block of what comes next. months of trying different pieces, deletion, addition, rearrangement... now on through. still the continued drippings into the notebook, filling pages for years of future fence post runs.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
- (last week) computer down and efforts to repair failed - dropped off to be resuscitated at computer store. cleaning and organizing studio as it had not been addressed since our last move. writing several pieces in notebook.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- (last week or so) new work on book 3 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... after some break. technical difficulties on several fronts - some section of signal chain defective as unable to transfer recordings made with small digital recorder into computer - might be mixer. external hard drive inoperable - leaving no way to back-up material on main computer and slightly elevating anxiety that all will be lost.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
- (last few weeks) writing application for work advancement, documentation to derail parents constructing combative and hateful narrative that has no merit. worked a bit on book 3 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... after weeks of not approaching it. some cleaning up of scanned illustrations, playing guitar often in the backyard, and planning to scale down websites to reduce costs and hide material to pedestrian inquiries. running down problem with mixer - cakewalk not receiving signal.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- (last week) applications for work advancement and documentation to battle parents marinating discontent and creating a bizarre narrative of their child's school experiences. a little time for writing and the guitar and amp out of pawn - momentum in some direction...
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
- (last two days) writing various pieces in notebook, working on narration project for my students - quick editing of audio to increase speed and efficiency.
- neighbor offered me free desk - at least 20 years old, solid steel, 100 pounds. damage to sheet rock walls and composite boards that were used in steps to the basement when maneuvering it down. provides expansive workspace, nearly the size of the business desk I had to abandon when we moved into an apartment after bankruptcy agents came for the house.
Friday, September 10, 2010
- (last few days) hour and forty-two minute conversation with naquin on the phone - vivid reminder of why I maneuvered to have us living together in 1997 and taking him as my teacher to living the mythic life, music as devotional music, and all attributed to him (detailed at http://www.unmannedprobe.com/ and in ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...) - liquefaction conversation.
- wrote an old dream from 1980s and one from a few nights ago, uploaded audio files from zoom h4, and transferring files from small digital recorder that were recorded over the last year. the small digital recorder had fallen into the flood waters several months ago but I was quick to tap out all standing water, pull batteries to avoid leakage, and remove casing to pat dry circuit board and all wires. no permanent damage but the incident emphasized the fact that hundreds of audio files were nearly lost and I had not made any backups.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- (last few days) wrote dream, uploaded photos from all cameras including the boys, experimenting with light box drawings, video editing, and beginning to track students for audio project.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
- (last few days) begun working on video editing for student summer workshop. also fine-tuning websites, www.timcoalman.com, to be more clear in anticipation of being able to put the hosting back up when money comes in.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
- (last few weeks) several dreams written down and recorded. a few pages completed on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 3. studio up and going in new space. almost two months since having to put most of gear in storage.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
- (last few days) working to make websites' titles say the websites' names instead of "Page Title." finished reading Voodoo Histories: The Role of the Conspiracy Theory in Shaping Modern History. Now Reading: On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not; Lord of the Flies; The Trouble with Boys: A Surprising Report Card on Our Sons, Their Problems at School, and What Parents and Educators Must Do.
- finished filming student project, waiting until in new house to start post-production.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- (last few weeks) finished move and cleaning old house. a few notebook entries, recorded ian divulging bathroom secrets, assembled streamlined studio in corner of teenage nephew's room i've squatted in, begun autism workshop - filming play of alien invasion and human communication training.
Monday, June 14, 2010
- (last few days) finished dvd of student voice overdub projects (learning the program and manipulating video), wrote dream, studio flooded during heavy rains - frantic 30 minute window from first notice of water coming under door to deep enough that my wading through send ripples to the two foot high wall sockets. studio space moldly, move out to two different family residences, most of possessions in storage, living out of suitcases.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
- (during the last week or so) planning with teeple to finish and release his solo cd in conjunction with his new band's cd release show in august, wrote a few dreams and notebook entries of story lines, a new pseudonym for comedy work, and packaging idea.
- reorganized and cleaned up studio, worked on two voice overdub projects for students supplying new plot and voices to existing cartoon, treated images for ... fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 3, reading Jung's book, Man and His Symbols,
Friday, May 21, 2010
- (last few days) worked on book 3 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... more cleaning up of various audio files, grouping and deleting. recovered some files that had problems.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
- (during the last week) tracking and editing students doing voice-overs of cartoon. wrote dream. backed-up all computer files and audio files. researched with teeple various packaging for his work and mine. going through old audio files, cleaning up and organizing.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
- (last two days) recorded and wrote several dreams, found quote for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., and reading jung, Man and His Symbols.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- (last three days) various norebook entries of dreams, ideas, conversations, etc. - including pages written on scrap paper finally copied into notebook proper. recorded Teeple in studio and several phone conversations. sleeping at night to Hrsta: Stem Stem In Electro
Sunday, April 11, 2010
- (last two days) recorded various sounds and some child talk. working up comic strip character for above-ground storytelling efforts. had Teeple over, tracked nearly an entire finished piece in one night - a jangly sea shanty with a rhythm that sways everywhere. a few notebook entries made.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
- (last two days) finished revising websites - now much more fluid and inter-connected. all now stem from www.timcoalman.com instead of existing as separate instances of my work.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
- (last three days) extensive reworking of websites. done within a few days. will now have 3 books written and preview of each. clearer navigation and directions. found home video in box of films dad retrieved from junk pile at his work. watched it and found a family holiday, soccer practice and such. watched it for the first time while recording notes, then called dad to get more information. plans to make it an investigation to find the girl.
Monday, March 29, 2010
- (today) printing off master copy of the rear at work along with color copy of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 2 cover for use on website
- (yesterday) substantial revising of websites. hours reworking layout, content, and scanning in pages from book 2 to be used as book preview.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
- revising websites to show three completed books with previews for all. also including preview of book 0 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and book soundtrack. prepared book 1 and the rear to be copied off at work in color on stock paper so I have quality originals to make all subsequent copies on.
Friday, March 26, 2010
- recorded conversation with mom, organized and filed 1st generation originals of all 3 books that are used to run through document feeder of copy machine at work for copies of books to give away. tried sending recording of Naquin's show to him through several carriers and hosting configurations and all failed due to file size. of course I recorded the show as one long file and have taken no effort to cut it up.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
- (during the last week) moved to a new house, unable to update artifact log. summary - set up new studio with gear that had been stored away for year of apartment living. sorting material into files, scanning photographs into computer, adjusting images. recorded teeple telling story and some guitar work. many notebook entries, some new, others from random bits of paper found in the move and sorting. some work on book 3 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
Monday, March 8, 2010
Saturday, March 6, 2010
- shipped off the rear and ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 2 to naquin. several hours of scanning in photographs, artifacts, artwork, etc for future use.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
- (today) adding black binding on the rear to send to naquin. quick notes of appreciation on the inside covers. confident and accomplished feel signing off on a book to send to a friend. will ship tomorrow.
- (yesterday) quick notebook entry.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
- (yesterday) bought new notebook for writing, took two weeks to find one with the feel and durability - the heft i needed. still needed to be partially cut and decorated to feel official. wrote two entries of Ian quotes.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
- editing and arranging pages in book 3. a few done, a few blocks, a few nice links. looking for new notebook, local office stores have horrible versions with perforated pages, colorfully designed covers, and ugly lines inside.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
- worked on book 0. copied in remainder of handwritten pages, orientating early drafts on pages. officially the most difficult portion over - now hopefully the productive fun I had on the rear - writing introductions, scanning in alternative versions.
- several hours sorting through photographs and organizing files on computer. collecting kid photos, images for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., and all scanned pieces. also backed up to external hard drive.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
- (last few days) recording dreams from notebooks into computer using voice recognition software. plans to edit them later - book 3 stalled looking at pieces already in word processor and flipping through notebook pages knowing whatever I find will need to be transcribed. in reading a bit of j.d. salinger find the following quote: "It is my rather subversive opinion that a writer's feelings of anonymity-obscurity are the second most valuable property on loan to him during his working years." sentiments I've heard elsewhere and relevant to the lack of my effort to put anything out for others. this is a magnanimous time, all the hours to work and no expectant readers/listeners. some suspicion it was under similar conditions I set to shedding all friendships while becoming a mystic. who wants the running commentary of people around you, looking for who they know you to be, who they've known.
Monday, January 25, 2010
- recorded a few guitar pieces, warming up after long period of not playing. a little done on book 3 and sorting through images to use - scanning them in to be readily available while aligning pieces later.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- delivered book 2 to teeple. he called later to say he enjoyed it better than the first, having read book 1 for years, at least three different versions of it. his comments instilled some doubt as to continuing the book 0 effort - going back over all the prototypes and early drafts. this sentiment supported by my computer, which froze up with nearly every copy and paste effort in assembling handwritten pages in book 0. take these two as signs and moved on to book 3.
- (yesterday) wrote dream in notebook, filled up last pages of the notebook.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- working on book 0. adjusting scans of handwritten version and building up chapters. probably half way done as of now. recorded Ian whimpering in bed.
- (yesterday) made four copies of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 2 at work. bound them each with metal clasps and delivered one to mom and dad. took a photograph.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
- working on book 0 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... scanning in handwritten version and finding several false starts, mistakes, and alternative constructions I had forgotten about. most relate to the handwritten version and I will include these as well. printed off book 2 at work on high quality printer, will use that copy to run-off books on work copy machine. deleted out files from zoom h4 so it is ready to go.
- (last two days) a few final touches on book 2. made each chapter into a PDF file to be printed at work. uploaded files from zoom h4 into computer. archived work on external hard drive. even though I'd planned to begin working on the book soundtrack again could not resist temptation to go backwards to the prototype and benchmark versions of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and compile them together. the quick and fulfilling work on the rear makes book 0 irresistible. scanned in prototype versions of earlier works.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
- final revision of book 2 as a whole. cleaning up a few areas, reading each row in isolation and then in relation to the others. a few final changes. slight change to cover to mark difference between book 1 and book 2 and therefore all subsequent books.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
- (yesterday) finished chapter 10. Second book of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... now complete. reviewing the five chapters as a complete whole and see one piece was inadvertently duplicated - revised from its original form two different times in two different chapters months apart. initially thought to delete out one and find something else to fit, but in each chapter it was placed to relate to the adjacent rows and cannot be excised so easily. some thought now of how to acknowledge the repetition is being maintained purposefully. otherwise done and now fully focus on book soundtrack.
Monday, January 11, 2010
- coming in on end of chapter 10. several pieces filled in and revised. larger piece added and partially revised. within a few pagesof being done.
- uploaded sound files from zoom. had filled up all memory. don't remember having recorded so much.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- with the order and number of chapter 10 pages mostly finalized I could add page numbers to each. impossible to do while constructing a chapter as pages may be deleted or added to accommodate key text or artifact spacing. a few more pages came together.
- recorded part of a conversation with mom about reading the first two books - but interrupted when available zoom memory ran out.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
- recorded dream on zoom h4. spanned twenty years and lost large sections of it when I woke up, but Ian suddenly at my side and quick awake to remember it. he recorded his own dream while I tried to pull the details of mine through. he encourage me several times.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- (last two days) pushing through on chapter 10. last night feeling no progress, frustration. today abandoning several graphic manipulations that were beginning to feel hokey and irrelevant to the structure of the chapter. mush better tonight, several more pages done.
- wrote a few ideas in stray notebook.