- (today) backing up files. installed video editing software on laptop for workshop.
- (yesterday) tracked Teeple and band at the old house. problems with the new laptop and zoom h4 set-up, solved as soon as the others left and just Teeple to record.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- (today) tracked teeple at old house, using empty living room. learning to use cubase on laptop w/ zoom h4. always interesting to see him work - laying down track after track with little editing or revision. I comment on his process and he says his music is "ready made." I'll spend weeks editing one track - the difference is skill level obviously.
- (last two days) installed cubase on laptop and using zoom h4 as mixer/audio interface. amazed at ease of use and appreciate items bundled together for relatively seamless operation. massive compiling of photos and video to be backed-up. primary computer (writing and music) damaged in move and now showing intermittent issues. uploaded revisions to website www.timcoalman.com, including new preface to ...fence posts rotting in the acreage....
Sunday, June 21, 2009
- (last three days) editing websites to remove address no longer used. finished new preface for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and worked on chapter 7. researching new microphone to buy. working up new piece on guitar.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
- revised preface to the rear. marginal progress. selected cover photograph and worked up cover design.
- tightening up 3rd piece for book soundtrack.
- (yesterday) writing preface for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and the rear. both failing. frustration of expense of effort to explain instead of create.
- continuing to compile and sort artifacts from scattered sources of different sources.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- (last two weeks) moving to new apartment, garage sale, 15 hour days, and Bell's palsy. away from this log but some summary notes:
- revised and arranged several sections of chapter 7 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
- editing of 3rd piece for book soundtrack.
- wrote dream in notebook.
- collected warning label from medication that warns of euphoric appreciation of life - or some such verbiage among dire warnings of suicide and organ failure.
- file management of video and photographs taken recently.