Sunday, March 31, 2013
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- (today) Watching Side by Side by Chris Kenneally, especially interested in comments on taking digital manipulation too far and the issues of archiving. From the film, writing a few notebook quotes relevant to my efforts. Adding links to three books on this website.
- (last few weeks) Creating and polishing several websites for work.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
- (today) Pages of journal entries, most reflective. Plans to copy old journal fragments in steno graph journal into current journal and to create easy digital copy by photographing pages. Watching Swans: The Seer video (sent by Teeple), always kicking me into working on artifacts, especially the scenes of opening vinyl, signing the sleeves, and repackaging - the handling of completed artifacts.
Monday, March 18, 2013
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Saturday, March 16, 2013
- (today) Split ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... on-line version back into the two books I originally intended. Added back in link to book 2 on website and did slight revision on www.timcoalman.com.
Friday, March 15, 2013
- (today) Cleaning and organizing garage to create space for piano that has been precariously balanced atop a horizontal furniture dolly. Placed and playing, especially vivid moment with my oldest, playing off of each other in note progressions and rhythmic patterns.
Thursday, March 14, 2013
- (today) Illustration work on animal in pond, an unfamiliar piece attempted now because of student request. Using the opportunity to experiment with brush pens I have not had much success with; but here the strokes re-present the feathering nicely.
- (last few days) Decision to sell Zoom H4 and buy Q3HD for better video work and similiar audio quality. Also, will split ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... back into two smaller books.
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
- (last few days) Editing of the rear to create PDF and post on main website, short story idea written, tracking frustrating workplace encounters, and illustration work for students. Some file management to section off and add to stray story bits and comic strips. Notebook entry on all the recent progress being made.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
- (today) Backing up all material from laptop, finished superhero illustration for student in class, made decision to combine book 1 and book 2 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., and working hours to finalize revision and create finished PDF file of chapters 1-10. Great quote from the oldest boy in notebook. Revised website and included new link to download ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... as a complete book, PDF, 412 pages. Planning to duplicate availability and process for The Rear.
Monday, March 4, 2013
Sunday, March 3, 2013
- (today) Extensive condensing, organizing, and streamlining of digital files. Reading Neonomicon, by Alan Moore and Jacen Burrows while also dipping into fax exchanges between Dave Sim and Chester Brown. The combination of reading the graphic novel in one pleasurable and stimulating sitting while intermittently trudging the morass of Sim's bigotry and vapid religious/narcissistic worming pushed me to post my ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... books 1 and 2 in their entirety. Hours of editing and finalizing the first two books for posting and researching the best way to do so.
- Daily Message to Mom: *I learned the value of telling stories from you, and the highly valuable wisdom that perceived reality is highly subjective, in my writing I am trying to be a reporter for the sensory dazzle, ...all...these...pieces...are...accurate...and...true...
Saturday, March 2, 2013
- (last few days) Tracked dream and daily illustration work in classroom.
- Daily Message to Mom: *The cover to ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... is iconic for me as it shows our life in the townhouse and the quality of our time: vinyl collection in the background, the plastic red chair from the set with table where I played with action figures, pie pans with milk, brown shoes and bowl cut, sensitive little boy enamored with puppies, and newspapers everywhere to protect the carpet.