- (last few days) recording dreams from notebooks into computer using voice recognition software. plans to edit them later - book 3 stalled looking at pieces already in word processor and flipping through notebook pages knowing whatever I find will need to be transcribed. in reading a bit of j.d. salinger find the following quote: "It is my rather subversive opinion that a writer's feelings of anonymity-obscurity are the second most valuable property on loan to him during his working years." sentiments I've heard elsewhere and relevant to the lack of my effort to put anything out for others. this is a magnanimous time, all the hours to work and no expectant readers/listeners. some suspicion it was under similar conditions I set to shedding all friendships while becoming a mystic. who wants the running commentary of people around you, looking for who they know you to be, who they've known.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
- recorded a few guitar pieces, warming up after long period of not playing. a little done on book 3 and sorting through images to use - scanning them in to be readily available while aligning pieces later.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- delivered book 2 to teeple. he called later to say he enjoyed it better than the first, having read book 1 for years, at least three different versions of it. his comments instilled some doubt as to continuing the book 0 effort - going back over all the prototypes and early drafts. this sentiment supported by my computer, which froze up with nearly every copy and paste effort in assembling handwritten pages in book 0. take these two as signs and moved on to book 3.
- (yesterday) wrote dream in notebook, filled up last pages of the notebook.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- working on book 0. adjusting scans of handwritten version and building up chapters. probably half way done as of now. recorded Ian whimpering in bed.
- (yesterday) made four copies of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 2 at work. bound them each with metal clasps and delivered one to mom and dad. took a photograph.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
- working on book 0 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... scanning in handwritten version and finding several false starts, mistakes, and alternative constructions I had forgotten about. most relate to the handwritten version and I will include these as well. printed off book 2 at work on high quality printer, will use that copy to run-off books on work copy machine. deleted out files from zoom h4 so it is ready to go.
- (last two days) a few final touches on book 2. made each chapter into a PDF file to be printed at work. uploaded files from zoom h4 into computer. archived work on external hard drive. even though I'd planned to begin working on the book soundtrack again could not resist temptation to go backwards to the prototype and benchmark versions of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and compile them together. the quick and fulfilling work on the rear makes book 0 irresistible. scanned in prototype versions of earlier works.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
- final revision of book 2 as a whole. cleaning up a few areas, reading each row in isolation and then in relation to the others. a few final changes. slight change to cover to mark difference between book 1 and book 2 and therefore all subsequent books.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
- (yesterday) finished chapter 10. Second book of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... now complete. reviewing the five chapters as a complete whole and see one piece was inadvertently duplicated - revised from its original form two different times in two different chapters months apart. initially thought to delete out one and find something else to fit, but in each chapter it was placed to relate to the adjacent rows and cannot be excised so easily. some thought now of how to acknowledge the repetition is being maintained purposefully. otherwise done and now fully focus on book soundtrack.
Monday, January 11, 2010
- coming in on end of chapter 10. several pieces filled in and revised. larger piece added and partially revised. within a few pagesof being done.
- uploaded sound files from zoom. had filled up all memory. don't remember having recorded so much.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- with the order and number of chapter 10 pages mostly finalized I could add page numbers to each. impossible to do while constructing a chapter as pages may be deleted or added to accommodate key text or artifact spacing. a few more pages came together.
- recorded part of a conversation with mom about reading the first two books - but interrupted when available zoom memory ran out.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
- recorded dream on zoom h4. spanned twenty years and lost large sections of it when I woke up, but Ian suddenly at my side and quick awake to remember it. he recorded his own dream while I tried to pull the details of mine through. he encourage me several times.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- (last two days) pushing through on chapter 10. last night feeling no progress, frustration. today abandoning several graphic manipulations that were beginning to feel hokey and irrelevant to the structure of the chapter. mush better tonight, several more pages done.
- wrote a few ideas in stray notebook.