Sunday, January 31, 2010

2) creation

  • (last few days) recording dreams from notebooks into computer using voice recognition software. plans to edit them later - book 3 stalled looking at pieces already in word processor and flipping through notebook pages knowing whatever I find will need to be transcribed. in reading a bit of j.d. salinger find the following quote: "It is my rather subversive opinion that a writer's feelings of anonymity-obscurity are the second most valuable property on loan to him during his working years." sentiments I've heard elsewhere and relevant to the lack of my effort to put anything out for others. this is a magnanimous time, all the hours to work and no expectant readers/listeners. some suspicion it was under similar conditions I set to shedding all friendships while becoming a mystic. who wants the running commentary of people around you, looking for who they know you to be, who they've known.