- (last few days) reconnection with Naquin, short talk but the recurring lament for intersecting times. substantial work-up of bandcamp page, http://timcoalman.bandcamp.com/, and thrill to discover uploading of .wav files is supported at higher than cd rates of 16 bit and 44.1 kHz - so hours to save ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 1 soundtrack pieces at rates that equal the quality they are tracked and mixed in.
- updating of www.timcoalman.com so "soundtrack" link connects to bandcamp page.
- tracked one of Ian's dreams - first telling, instead of having him repeat.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
- (last few weeks) on-going organization and de-weeding of sound files. several pieces nearing completion for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book soundtrack and sorting clips of the boys into years as well as sample rates. various notebook entries. decision also made to combine book 1 and 2 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... into one volume, approximately 400 pages; the 200 pages per book attributable to early coveting of multi-book series instead of one or few phonebook installments - Pirsig would be disappointed.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
- (last few weeks) substantial progress on organization of all music, including last few pieces for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book soundtrack. hundreds of tracks reevaluated for potential, at least half deleted, others reworked and filed away in categories for future use. notebook entries. found dictation software I'd used in studio (dragon) now available as free app. for iphone. tracking a few sounds and discovering several sound design websites (my favorite - http://socialsounddesign.com/) that are as relevant to the way I form musical pieces as the community on tape op message board http://messageboard.tapeop.com/.