- (today) significant editing on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
Monday, December 31, 2012
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Friday, December 28, 2012
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
- (last few days) finished Eddie Campbell book, Alec: The Lovely Horrible Stuff, tracking the transitional plans for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book 3, reading upwards of four or five hours daily, e-mail reconnection to Teeple attempted several times, unable to finalize. Backing up computer, external hard drive suddenlt , postings on Tape Op message board on several topics.
Monday, December 17, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
- (last week) journal entries plotting out progress of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., some work on the great falling away, attempts to back up computer, purchase two new microphones for studio, reading nearly four hours daily...
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
- (last two days) working to revise website to allow posting of complete chapter 1 and possibly chapter 2 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., feeling there is value in putting these two books and the rear up in their entirety for the few who come to these pages to read. the actual physical book a further receding ideal possibly for limited printing of high quality versions for a) loan and return or b) those who might purchase after reading on-line. also nearly finished chapter 10 of the great falling away.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
- (last two days) read How NOT to Write a Novel: 200 Classic Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - A Misstep-by-Misstep Guide by Howard Mittelmark and Sandra Newman. several suggestions directly relevant to ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... though my reaction primarily to post book one in its entirety.
Friday, November 23, 2012
- (last few days) plans for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... - feeling the progression is upon a change in form, buying two microphones, watching Hitchens videos and reading Sam Harris articles, nearing competition of a journal containing the last 3-4 years of writing not on computer word processing.
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
- (last few days) some work on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... chapter 13. some feeling that the efforts were sputtering along, nearly out, then reviewing chapter 11 and 12 - appreciation and recognition of the full scope. this third book substantially better than the preceding two.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Sunday, November 4, 2012
- (today) laying down elements for 10 pages of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... chapter 13 after considerable downtime.
- (last few weeks) slight notebook entries on ingestibles, behavior, and filler. reading on creator rights, the battles lost in the past for creators, the business of taking the creation and making product.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
- (last few days) more work on the great falling away while also busy with a guided tutorial on following artistic efforts, especially in what to finally hand off to the public, when, and with what help, from Alan Moore (The Mindscape of Alan Moore), Dave Sim (endless interviews from past 30 years), and a few odd synchronicitous artifacts coming by.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
Friday, October 12, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Sunday, September 16, 2012
- (today) revision and substantial writing the great falling away for inclusion in ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... - hours at the computer, reminding me of playing with toys as a kid, what will happen next, creating the story.
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Saturday, September 8, 2012
- (today) wrote dream, quote from oldest son written in notebook as he also writes in his notebook, fifty pages suddenly completed on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and chapter 12 finished.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
- (today) small correction to the rear, final sorting and layout of photographs into almost one hundred pages of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., journal entry.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Monday, September 3, 2012
Sunday, September 2, 2012
- (yesterday) over one hundred photographs taken for backgrounds of pages containing the great falling away, printed the word document of the entire story for mom's birthday.
- (today) editing majority of photographs begins, three hours or more.
Monday, August 27, 2012
- (today) journal notes, long stretches on chapter 12 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., a longer chapter than usual, over 50 pages to fully establish the great falling away and correlate artifacts. idea for background images for all page scripting, now to find time...
Sunday, August 26, 2012
- (today) all work on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... - finalized chapter 11, relatively complete form months but never finishing cleanup of voice recognition software mistakes in one piece or inclusion of illustration. chapter 12 nearly done, over 50 pages to preserve structure of inclusion of longer artifacts. chapter 13 quote selected and some thought to the structure. many pages roughly aligning, the finalization efforts always the most labored.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
- (today) tracked several dreams, small quote in notebook, selected and arranged quote for chapter 13 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... and also work in chapter 12, including alignment of unmanned probe remnants.
Monday, August 20, 2012
- (last few days) glacial threading of intent, artifact, and course corrections in chapter 12 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... - for all I planned in the expanses, up ahead the rowing canyons opened up unto such staggering rolling hills.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
- (last two days) grouping, sorting, and recycling illustrations according to quality and similar characteristics for inclusion in books. beginning editing of tracks of Jones beating mother with extension cord for inclusion on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... book soundtrack; such a wealth of damaged childhood.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
- (today) sorting and grouping illustrations for easier access and use in books, recycling many old sketch pages. slight work on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...,
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
- (today) light work on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... chapter 12, copying over photos from family computer to laptop for future use, tracking aftermath of frightening two teen girls at gas station who trashed the soda area with straws and lids, causing alarm, fear, and rapid backing up in their car and crashing into a refueling van, meeting one's dad, talking him down, and several police. great quote early in the day written in notebook.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Friday, August 3, 2012
- (last two days) editing, revising, and new writing to the great falling away. some photographs taken and tracking wildly inventive child. began construction of new blog for unmanned probe - which will be pulled from www.timcoalman.com to be used in book while canonization will become new blog, allowing for easier updates and current artifacts I am reading/watching/listening to etc
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
- (today) reading softcover book of god is Not Great, finally able to write in the margins and identify especially lucid sections, having listened to nearly the complete 8 or 9 cd audio book read by Christopher Hitchens. nearly four hours editing, revising, rewriting the great falling away.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Sunday, July 22, 2012
• (last few days) several illustrations, more of god is Not Great and Stars of the Lid from library. New version of to do list regarding artifacts and pleased to have efficient lines of effort and need in wide variety of goals, refinements, purpose, and flecks of intent.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Sunday, July 15, 2012
- (last few days) massive cleaning, organization, and rearrangement of studio - pleased to have access to book and artifacts archives not fully accessible for several years in the moves. charting of depressive elements and goals to eliminate remnants of common ingratiating communication/relationship. reading god is Not Great and Me Talk Pretty One Day. new sketch book purchased and some tentative illustrations, having allowed the skills to fade. some realization that ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... will naturally follow a lack of new illustrations and musical pieces, replaced with photography and soundtracks to captured dialogues and conversations, and there will come an overall narrative within the rowing structure.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Monday, July 9, 2012
Sunday, July 8, 2012
• (today) unboxing of all books and music, new shelves in studio, hours of sorting and organizing. Bought new sketchbook and acquired ... Expensive new illustrating pens with various tips, and small wooden man for 3-D practice.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
Friday, June 29, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
- (today) slight editing, fully grinding to the last few pages, pure support for nausea of fictional or even fictionalized writing. listening to god is not great while driving, simply perfect.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- (last few days) editing ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... piece for book 3, tracking Beckett conversation, notebook pieces, and reading/listening to Sam Harris, The Moral Landscape, and Christopher Hitchens, god is Not Great as well as others books and recordings.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
- (today) redshift in thoughts for book on teaching and a orientation box for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... to control for variables in how the artifacts are aligned and experienced by the audience. sketching out design...
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
- (last two days) hours of editing and rewriting of the great falling away for inclusion in ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... creating list of odds and ends to complete immediately for artifacts or representing plans ahead on the horizon line. tracking voices heard at night.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
- (today) editing continues... tedious and reminder that creating the story on the page has little appeal for me; I prefer the dream-fever documentation and artifact collection - transcribed for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Monday, May 28, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
- (last two days) slight notebook entries and organization of artifacts in computer. year-end dvds finished and including illustration on each of a character worked up in class, during instruction needing visual re-presentation and student representative. the uni-ball vision elite black ink on matte dvd paper label took me. plans to use summer-time for studio cleaning. goals to have all boxes and piles into large metal-gray file cabinets, laptop and Kelli's computer synchronized with photos, et cetera
- story ideas logged in notebook.
- planning out rogues gallery in fence posts rotting in the acreage... for all the old friends.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
- (last two days) tracking voices coming in while drifting asleep. notebook entries and video tracking of Ian playing first keyboard composure. several pages edited on a piece for ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Saturday, May 5, 2012
- (last few days) tracking dreams and ideas from the boys. some progress on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., seeing the need to digitally archive more images to pull from during the assemblage efforts.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
- (today) significant progress on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... chapter 12, over 20 pages complete and renewed effort forward with alternative row alignment and sizing. the chapter and book 3 are transitional away from the three rowing format but making organic shift has been difficult.
- rediscovered http://www.wordplayer.com/ after learning from it ten or so years ago and happening upon it through some linkage.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
- (last few days) nights of writing for on-line repository that several employers use for applications - the positions posted and the particular questions of each are then populated by my responses. but there are always more to write. several pages in progress on fence posts. finished Fred Clark archives.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
- (last few days) tracked boys' dreams and several noise sources at home and work building, editing and some arrangements finished on ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... chapter 12, still enamored with Fred Clark - finding his writing style concise and wise. rewarding Ian for writing in his own notebook; he tells me "one day when you are dead I will have all your notebooks." pleased he knows that will come, and these are for him and Beckett.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Saturday, April 7, 2012
- (during previous week) four to five hours everyday writing responses and introduction for employment advancement, dreams and quotes in notebook, tracking voices in drifting off to sleep, daily reading of Fred Clark's evisceration of the Left Behind series at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2011/08/16/left-behind-index-v-posts-201-250/
Saturday, March 31, 2012
- (during the last week) several notebook entries, placement of 23 or so pages into ...fence posts rotting in the acreage..., tracking obsence/accidental voice mail message left by kindergarten parent, and reading constantly Fred Clark at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/author/fredclark1/
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- (last few days) intensive, word by word revision of résumé for several days, including editing from parents and Kelli - a rarity. each found verbal or formatting dust that needed cleaning. I imagine ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... to be rife such mistakes.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- (last few days) nearing 20 pages of completed edited pages of scripted for The Great Falling Away. most of the story having not been read or worked on for over 6 years, like coming back to a house you lived in once and now looking at all the details you would have taken in from the ambient sensory dazzle - wood trim, floor creaks, mild bathroom mildew, and sheet rock seams in the living room. I remember thinking of the story and planning it out, years working on the thing, even collecting hundreds of pages of reference material in paintings, photographs, and science articles. but cleaning up the pieces, reading it through once and then done, sometimes forgetting the next page and reading it anew, the audience for my own work.
- revising résumé for employment advancement plans and notebook entries, primarily on a few documentaries that were tender or horrid or such -
- Following Sean
- Letter to Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
- Exit Through the Gift Shop
Monday, March 12, 2012
Sunday, March 11, 2012
- (during the last week) tracked several video segments, audio takes, and images. notebook entries. flood of potential released on chapter 12 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... after months of patience - who has such nerve and willingness to let the pages marinate month after month without insisting the next piece come now, if even arbitrary and forced. intermittent breakthrough for the next 40 pages, and some way forward for one hundred or more.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
- (during the last week) tracking panel I was a guest at to create a record so the words go as far and in the manner I want, a few notebook entries, envisioning the progression of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... as the rows list and splinter into full form, several pages coming into form, ever so gentle with the rebirth...
- tracking conversation with mom at restaurant.
Monday, February 20, 2012
- (today) several illustrations
- continual working out of process to post all pages of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... online, finally reserved to a few representative chapters, as before some years ago, but clarity into the night - all this a waste - the revisiting of pages I was content to stand as a repository, while new artifacts and efforts delayed.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
- (last two days) drew incredible hulk illustration for Beckett, story idea captured in light sleeping couch moment with boys playing and watching television, tracked dream.
- read Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity by Hugh MacLeod - nearly having me post all of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... on-line, forgoing the endgame vision of a self-published book, instead having it all out for those that come to it. concerns over cross-checking with career efforts and the time necessary to return to book one and two as I have done so many times before when bringing to a new format or collection.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
- (during the last week) tracked Ian moments and possible ensnaring meeting with people not trusted. captured a few photographs. pages of illustrations in various stages of completion, primarily to warm skills and some practice with prizmacolor pens. new swans cd arrived - such a remembering...
Monday, February 6, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
- (last few days) eight pages finished on chapter 11 of ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... - nearly complete in one night after a year of (dishearteningly ironic) piecemeal momentum. natural growth to come to the realignment of mutins, which was happening too soon when first worked out at chapter 5 or so, the rowing format just then resonating and thriving. now I don't want to wait any longer for the listing and replicating and the whole thing liquefying.
- tracking dreams from the boys, drawing with them - coloring as well. a few notebook entries.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
- (last few days) notebook entries and return to illustrating. re-photographing of area captured before but found to be too dim and low contrast once worked through initially in editing and preparing for insertion into ...fence posts rotting in the acreage...
- (today) fascinated by http://firstsounds.org/
Thursday, January 26, 2012
- (last few days) creation of two new files that are digital versions of notebook entries so pieces may marinate some time before placement into lengthy repositories. dream transcribed through Dragon. back-up of laptop to external hard drive - competition of the major transfer of writings and images from music studio to portable studio.
Friday, January 20, 2012
- (yesterday) treatment and editing of many photo images. for several weeks listening to This American Life on app while working on laptop studio and finally hearing years of programming i had only occasionally heard radio broadcast.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
- (today) working with raw photos so when placing in ...fence posts rotting in the acreage... I will be able to pull each and use it without stopping the alignment and editing of rows in progress. tracked dream.
Monday, January 16, 2012
- (last few days) writing dreams, attempting to bypass notebook and type directly into word processor - but I enjoy the act of writing, the letter formations, the smear/slide from letter to letter wicking the ink along with metal tip, the absorption of ink partially into the paper fibers.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- (today) migration and condensing of images and videos to laptop. secretly tracking contentious meeting of special education specialists, two of whom have constricted a reality that they are looking to verify, protect, and act from though I consistently dismantle large sections while they try to move about inside. clarity of thought and accuracy benefit me.
Monday, January 9, 2012
- (last few days) migrating photos from portable storage devices, computers, cameras, etc. - continuation of efforts to make laptop primary artifact repository and work station. tracking several sounds using iphone.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
- (last two days) some momentum found in moving all writing and visual artifacts to new laptop, leaving basement computer for sound studio. found iphone app for Dragon voice recognition software and using it to transcribe notebook entries, then e-mailed to laptop, copy/paste into word document, and edited. seemingly tedious, but my keyboarding skills, as well as looking at pages of writing while typing, is not as fast. self-admonishment to stop writing in notebook and type material initially, especially pages of long dreams.